Rotary was founded in Austria in 1925 as District 73, which at that time also included Germany, and existed until 1938. The first Rotary Club in Austria was the Rotary Club of Vienna in 1925, followed by the Rotary Club of Salzburg in 1926 and the Rotary Club of Graz in 1927. During During the Second World War there was officially no Rotary in Austria, but contacts were maintained secretly.
From 1951, Rotary in Austria was reorganized, from 1956 as District 99, from 1957 as District 181, from 1977 as District 191. In 1980/81 our District 192 was created, which from then on existed independently alongside District 191. In 1991, both districts were renamed District 1910 and District 1920. From 1991 to 1999, what was then Czechoslovakia was part of our District 1920.
In 2020/21 we celebrated our 40th anniversary as our own district, 30 of which were with our current name.